Tuesday, September 04, 2007

This and that

I cleaned. Disinfected. I just couldn't take it anymore.

This is not a big house. It is a two-bedroom bungalow with a HUGE basement that is bare down to the studs due to renovations.

But the dirt that migrates upstairs, or through the windows from the dismantled porch at the front door (an extension of the basement) has finally reached the point of no return.

Cleaning and mopping and dusting with a big pregnant belly isn't very fun.

But I do feel better today. Sort of.

Tomorrow Benjamin starts daycare again. I will have a few toddler-free hours for the first time in a long time, and I have a long list of things I want to accomplish, most of which probably won't get done. I may just end up sitting on this couch blogging, or doing email, or something of that sort.

* * *

We applied for short-term health insurance since hubby's new insurance won't kick in till October.

Problem #1 - we can only apply for two months, not one, since we have to pay first and last, like rent.
Problem #2 - entire process requires 5-7 weeks to be complete, something I found out today in an email. Nowhere on the application did in mention that this was the case. We thought it worked like travel insurance, you know?
Problem #3 - I can't cancel it because the guy at Customer Service said I need the new ID numbers to cancel the policy. I said I didn't want them to go to the trouble of even processing the policy. He insisted on explaining to me how it works anyway, which I didn't really care about, and then, when I suggested that in 5-7 weeks I'll be in the hospital busy giving birth and I won't have an opportunity to deal with "welcome packages" and "ID numbers" and what have you, he said there was nothing he could do.

I'm debating if I should write a letter, or drop the whole thing on hubby who will not be impressed to have another thing on his list of things to do to deal with.

* * *

Pregnant people can be quite clumsy.

Last night, when I dropped, for the upteenth time, something I was washing at the sink, I got so pissed off I threw the salad spinner on the floor. It broke.

This morning, when I was looking for the 2% milk for the toddler, I had to move some stuff around to get at the container. As I reached for the milk, which is in a bag, I dropped the entire thing on the floor and the milk spilled all over the kitchen. Including beneath the fridge, which then required hubby to get up out of bed on his first day of his new job, wipe up the spilled milk, move the refridgerator, wipe up the milk there, then open the door and wipe the inside of it as well.

I stood there with the toddler, not enjoying my first cup of coffee, listening to Benjamin repeat over and over again "the milk is soaking wet!".

* * *

I hope things are looking up tomorrow.

No comments: