Friday, August 10, 2007

Reno woes

The electrician didn't show.

The wife of the contractor/friend called me to specifically say that he called THEM to say "hey', I know it's been two weeks but I've been busy, we could head over to finish the switches tonight"...

The wife of the contractor told me that she laid a little guilt trip on him.

She said that we had been waiting patiently for two weeks and HEY THEY'VE GOT A BABY COMING IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS.

I told her to tell her husband, our friend, to take the electrician over to our place at will, since that is the whole premise of why I gave him a key to the side door. She promised to pass the message on.

We had all kinds of visitors, some surprise, some planned, but no electrician.

We don't even care anymore. We are getting ready to tear out the other side. THEN, we'll need him to stay longer and do ALL of it at the same time.

I can't believe how fast this summer has gone by...

No comments: