Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Whine, sick, whine

Everyone is sick. And some people are really whiny. And clingy.

A new habit is forming. It's called (mimic extra whiny-ness):

wanna watch a videoooooo

I taped a bunch of stuff to avoid having him glued to Treehouse all day. I was concerned about this before. Like Mighty Machines, and Thomas the Tank Engine. Today, on TVO, we accidentally saw Peep, this animated little show of a bird and a grumpy blue duck. I like the grumpy duck. Ben actually laughed out loud a few times during that show. May make him a tape of that too.

He doesn't ask for videos much when he's feeling good. He plays, and quite well by himself too, with toy cars and lego, trains and even books. But when he's not quite himself, he just wants to veg out in front of the tv.

Not sure how I feel about that. Interacting with him when he's miserable like that is no joy for me either.

Let's hope he's feeling good enough to go to his school tomorrow.

No comments: