Monday, February 05, 2007

The new normal

30 some years ago I didn't know what a computer was. Once I moved to Canada and later entered high school, I was told that a calculator was considered a computer.

Then I took a computer course in BASIC or something. I liked it but didn't do well in it.

In University, my then boyfriend bought a computer and we played around with WordPerfect. I was astonished how easy it was to type lengthy papers for my various literature courses.

Looking back today, I just shake my head. Easy using F keys? Or, Shift F keys?

Although come to think of it, since there was no Internet there were no viruses and the constant need to update various protection to keep hackers and spam and who knows what else from invading your personal affairs.

Now we have a small child. A child who sees this picture, and considers it completely normal:

Not one, but two computers running at the same time. Not counting my laptop upstairs....

No comments: