Sunday, May 20, 2007

Teething and co-sleeping

I am coping with this teething situation and the only reason I am is because I allow him to co-sleep with me.

Will teething ever end? He's 26 months old and drooling like a slobbery dog. After the second night of whining and whimpering, I drugged him with Tempra which gave him enough relief that he could at least fall asleep. Whining for three consecutive hours prior to that wasn't fun for him, for me, or for the extended neighbourhood who had to listen to it.

Today is a bit better. I found the Advil, which lasts 4 hours longer than the Tempra, and he's napping at his regular time, as opposed to 10:30 am. Made him walk with me to the store before hand, stopped at ever interesting-looking thing on the 10 min walk up to the store, picked up stones and placed them in his pocket, climbed what was climbable, crossed the street a few times, and allowed him to snack on a few smarties even.

The snuggle time on the couch watching Mighty Machines was nice too, although I was almost asleep before him.

Wiped away drool so many times until I finally just had to dig out a baby bib to place around his neck, which solved that problem temporarily.

Poor baby.

1 comment:

Andrea @ BlogDichFrei said...

Kids still lose their teeth until they are between 10 and 12 years of age (yes, new ones are growing in as well). No need to worry, the drooling does leave your realm of control, the kids takes over that job! You will probably be boldly asked to help remove a tooth or two somewhere along the road!
So smile and enjoy your kid! Soon enough he will look like a jack-o-lantern! (Please post pictures of ben-o-lantern!)