Friday, May 11, 2007

Final Draft

So I finished the final draft. I have just over 1000 words. I sent it on to the guy who will look it over, and hope it comes back with not too many changes. Either way, I'm about two weeks ahead of schedule. We'll see what happens. I'm nervous and excited both at the same time!

Writing from home with a toddler in part-time daycare is interesting at best. Although he does still nap, I can't count on naptime to happen or to remain quiet and without distraction. I also find myself in a slump in mid afternoon so writing during naptime is not something I'm very good at. Maybe doing research or editing, but not really being creative. Mornings are definitely better for me.

So I have to discipline myself to do it while he's in daycare. Which is a bit of a challenge as some of the habits I formed while he is out of the house had to be changed. Like, grocery shopping. Last week I had to shop on a Saturday. Don't like that. Prefer to do it on Thursday or Friday mornings. But the reality is that I have to take advantage of the quiet mornings to write my stuff or to make phone calls, and the groceries will just have to wait.

Luckily I live in an area that has plenty of little stores within walking distance where I can pick up odd items to help us get through the rest of the week. Besides, Ben likes shopping at the delis. May as well make him do it with me and get him walking and tired.

Things are looking up.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Hope everything went well with your writing project!

Unknown said...

Congrats with finishing your 1st draft!