Friday, April 13, 2007

Food aversion to chocolate and coffee?

There is something weird going on.

I don't like chocolate anymore.

This doesn't mean I don't eat it. Easter happened recently and there happens to be some good quality chocolate in the house my mom gave us. I put it in the freezer, and frankly, frozen, cold, Swiss chocolate is usually HEAVENLY.

I ate some today. Didn't enjoy it. Tasted funny. Like the end piece of a mercury thermometer.

What is it about this baby I'm making that is causing all this grief? I'm almost at the second trimester, so let me get ON WITH IT.

Pa-leeese.

Then there's the coffee. Oh yes, I love my coffee. I also need my coffee in the morning. Got a toddler in the house, you know?

For the first 9 or 10 weeks of this trimester, I couldn't smell or drink the stuff. I wanted, no NEEDED it, but it tasted like scrap metal. YUCK.

My taste buds however have finally upgraded now to allow coffee consumption in the morning. What seems to help is making cappucino, with the frothy milk. Maybe add a sprinkling of cinnamon on top.

But hubby has to open the can of coffee and place the grounds in the thingy. I can't do it. It smells awful.

At least I'm back to drinking a cup in the morning though. I missed it.

Now what am I going to do with all this chocolate? Week 12 and counting....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I was pregnant with my first, I couldn't stand the smell of cooking meat or beer. Chinese was absolutely repulsive, and I actually suspected I was pregnant because the chicken soft taco from Taco Bell tasted a little too funky.And I had the same problem with chocolate ~ I was just getting over my hyperemesis when Easter came around. My mother sent me tons of chocolate (she says I will always be her "baby") and I just couldn't stand any of it. What a cryin' shame, I tell ya!