Monday, April 23, 2007

Bruises

So my toddler cries in the middle of the night, all wet and disoriented. Normally, he simply just walks over to us for a snuggle and I put him back to bed (or, if it's close to getting up time, he can stay), and that's that.

Last night he fell asleep two hours before the normal bedtime. This could be due to the fact that he spent from 8 am onwards outside with me. All day long. All that wonderful, highly anticipated spring weather finally arrived and no one wanted to be inside. Fresh air, gardening, playing with neighbour children, sunshine...but of course, no nap.

However, if a child falls asleep at 6:30, he will not likely sleep till 6:30 the next day. I anticipated a wake-up and a diaper change, but I was in for more than that.

When he woke and cried at midnight, I was too groggy to worry about getting up and sitting with him and waiting for him to calm down or try and figure out why he's upset. I just lifted him between us and tried to fall back asleep.

Seems toddlers don't sleep like normal people. I have not experienced the amount of twitching and kicking that went on with that child in all the times we've shared a bed.

All my pregnant parts hurt, and then some. Probably have some bruises to show for but was too tired this morning in the shower to inspect.

He's napping now. Back on track. I hope he keeps this napping up till after the new baby turns 2...

ha.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your post sounds a lot like mine today!