Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Toilet training saga Part II

Later. (see previous post)

He wakes up from his nap.

Insists on putting 'cur gors' on (Curious George underwear).

I tell him that it's underwear, not pull-ups or diapers, and that he has to go make pipi in the potty.

He tries but nothing comes out. Fine. Sometimes you just don't have to go.
(I actually don't know what that feels like. Even when I'm not pregnant, I always manage to make at least a little tinkle. But he's a boy. What do I know about boys...)

He stays dry forEVER. For hours. During the walk with the dog. While at home as I'm preparing dinner. Hm.

Every once in a while I say "do you want to make pipi in the potty" or something to that effect. I'm getting tired of hearing myself talk potty talk.

He doesn't pee.

He does ask to sit on the potty in front of the tv.

So now that's what we do now. Watch Treehouse and sit with Curious George underwear at his ankles on the potty. Along with Nuggi-Bello (soother and dog he sleeps with).



Fine.

He sits there while I make dinner, then ask him to come have dinner.

I remind him again that he is not wearing a diaper and that we don't want to pee on Curious George.

He sits at the table and eats his dinner. DRY.

Afterwards, while he's still sitting there, I remind him that he's not wearing a diaper (etc, see above).

He gets up and as he's putting his bib on the back of the chair, he looks down and says

I'm all wet.

So this is accident number 1.

PS we go through the whole song and dance again and I leave him bare-bottomed. He's not impressed though and wants to wear his underwear again.

PPS he hasn't pooped yet. Usually he poops twice a day....

PPSS this should be an interesting evening.

No comments: