Sunday, June 10, 2007

Alone...continued

To be alone is my sincerest wish.

I've been counting the hours, the minutes, until they would all leave.

They're still here.

I'm slowly moving from the simmering to the errupting phase...really have to keep it together till they go away.

Then maybe I'll have a shower. Or a nap.

* * * * *

All day I wondered if he'll remember to pack all the stuff a toddler needs.

Like diapers.
Wipes.
A toy or two. (Relatives don't keep toys at their house.)
Bottle. He likes his milk in a bottle when he's tired.
Sun hat.
Nuggi Bello.
Change of clothes in case these ones get wet. (It's hot today.)
Guitar books for niece.
Photos of Ben for extended family.
Birthday gift and card.

Of course, he asked me to prep the bag since he wanted to take a shower.

I knew he was going to ask me to do that. I figured however that if I didn't do that, maybe it'll take longer to get them

out
of
the
house.

So I did it.

And just in the nick of time the child, who was wearing some shoes of mine, bumped his lip or teeth or mouth or something on the furniture and increased the volume of the whining to maximum.

REALLY had to make a big effort to keep it together.

What toddler needed was a nap.

Maybe he'll nap in the car.

But it's not my problem because

I'm
not
there
to
deal
with
it

Ha.

No comments: